Friday, March 18, 2011

Falling in the River

    Curious as any five-year-old child would be, I leaned over the edge of the bank to get a better view of the toad that had dove in to be eaten by the swift and rough river. Instantly, my weight overcame me and I crashed into the rushing waters below.
    I screamed desperately sure that the angry waters would swallow me whole. Now looking back, I believe the river had taken a liking to me. As I swatted at his body, his arm carried me along while his other hand struck a nearby branch onto himself and offered it to me.
    Graciously, quickly I accepted it and took hold. I rode along wearily. He led me as if by the hand to a sand bank. Ever so grateful, I thanked him for saving my life and promised to never trouble him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment