Monday, March 14, 2011

Blue Petals

There is only so much a glass can be filled
But spilled, it can spill forever.
Adding too much sugar will rot your teeth
Too much love, too much giving
Can that be such a horrible problem?
Cavities hurt. The mess is a pain to clean up.
Loving you afflicts me. Giving too much takes parts of me.
This is the red flag.
The red flag is waving in the wind, but I have not the courage to look up…
And spot it.
Wasting, depreciating, dissipating, exhausting
I was a healthy flower. You were dying.
I dropped my leaves to feed your soil
Even when you clearly had nothing to return to me
I gave…
Then, to my surprise you were a rose bush.
You became healthy and overwhelmed me
You enchanted me…your scent….your beauty… your shadow
But you overcame me
You grew.
Your thorns pierced me
Maybe accidentally… maybe unintentionally
What did I do?
I gave some more.
I gave you the room where my roots once thrived
I moved out of the way for you
I died for you
And my lovely blue petals…they cried for you.
You should be crying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment